The Gyrokinesis ® method, also referred to as “Dynamic Yoga” is the origin of the GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM® It is an all-encompassing movement method, which looks at the body as an entity and the spine as its’ core support. Gyrokinesis is practised on a footstool/chair on the floor seated or standing. The moevemnt series are suitable for a “home practice” and during long working days to refresh the body and spirit and as a warm-up for all sports.
- flowing, three-dimensional movement sequences accompanied by a rhythmic breathing pattern
- enhancement of the mobility of the spine
- incorporation of flexibility, strength and coordination
- enhancement of vitality and dynamic balance
- Evening out of one-sided habitual postures
- Tightening of the connective tissue and shaping of the body.
- A new found equilibrium through regular exercise will result in a relaxed appearance, an invigorated self awareness and smoothens out all the little stress and frown lines.